Here at Mission Inn Resort each couple is assigned their own Wedding Venue Coordinator to assist with wedding planning pieces here at the resort.
We wanted to take some time to introduce you to our wedding team here at Mission Inn and some of their interests beyond weddings to get to know them just a little better.
First up, Sr. Venue Coordinator Amy Roehrig a ’08 graduate of University of Central Florida with her major in Event Management.
- What is your favorite thing/part about weddings? My favorite part of wedding day is seeing the pure bliss on the couple’s faces after they’ve been pronounced as husband and wife and walk down the aisle together
- Three things that make you happy. My little shih-tzu named Buca, football season (GO PANTHERS!), and drinking beer with my boyfriend
- What did you want to be when you grew up? When I was little, I wanted to be a professional ballet dancer. When I got a little older, I wanted to own a Bed & Breakfast – yes, like Lorelai on Gilmore Girls. Then I realized how much money you need to start it up and that I didn’t have any rich friends. After I went to an amazing Christmas party that my high school employer hosted for all us employees, that is when I decided I wanted to be an event planner.
- What is your favorite food? Kobe Japanese Steakhouse and homemade tacos
- Where are you from? North Babylon, NY (on Long Island)
- Favorite thing to do in your free time? Relax by my pool
- Favorite social media app? Instagram
- What’s your favorite holiday? Christmas
Thanks Amy! We’re glad to have you as part of the Mission Inn Wedding family!