Wedding Day Glow
First, plan ahead.
It’s important to start a daily skincare routine at least 3- 6 months in advance. Starting your regimen as early as possible will give you a chance to test the products to see what works best for you based on your skincare goals, and see how your skin responds. It takes time when trying out new products and you’ll want to give yourself time for the trial and error period.
Second, determine goals.
Think about any skincare concerns you might have and what your current routine looks like. In order to receive the best results, you’ll want to plan on mirroring a regimen that looks something like this…
- Cleanser, Toner, Serum, Moisturizer; twice daily
- Exfoliation and Masque; once a week
Definitely be sure to schedule professional facials monthly with an esthetician who can recommend an appropriate daily and monthly routine, and the best product line for your skin type.
Lastly, essential maintenance.
Remember, you are what you eat… so make sure you’re choosing a diet that consists of superfoods!
- For example, foods like avocados, blueberries, carrots, pomegranates, and walnuts are the key to great skin and good hair. These foods contain all kinds of vitamins and ingredients that have hydrating complexion powers which take on the role to protect your skin’s barrier function and prevent moisture loss.
- Drink lots of water to keep skin hydrated and purge your skin of any impurities.
- Wear SPF. Sun exposure is the number one cause of signs of aging and it increases melanin production in your skin which leads to dark spots and uneven tone over time.
- Don’t forget about your body. The skin is the largest organ of the body! The skin on your face is different from the skin on the rest of your body, so make sure you’re taking care of it by using the correct cleansers and moisturizers. Exfoliation of the body either with dry brushing or a physical Exfoliant like sea salt or sugar scrubs can help soften and smooth the texture, remove any dead surface cells, revealing more radiant and healthy-looking skin!