Mission Inn Resort and Club embraces the opportunity to enhance the quality of life for future generations through environmental initiatives implemented by the Florida Green Lodging Program. This voluntary effort introduced by the Florida Department of Environment Protection (DEP) encourages the lodging industry to protect and conserve Florida’s natural resources.
Environmentally friendly practices have been implemented throughout the property which have enabled Mission Inn Resort and Club to qualify for a “Two Palms” designation, including:
- Recycling capabilities in guest rooms, the lobby, vending and eating areas.
- The use of efficient lighting used throughout the hotel.
- Low-flow toilets, showerheads and faucets.
- A linen and towel reuse programs.
- The use of environmentally friendly cleaners.
- ENERGY STAR® rated electronics and appliances.
About The Florida Green Lodging Program
The Florida Green Lodging Program is voluntary, non-regulatory program within the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. The program requires each designated property to meet a minimum set of environmental practices in areas such as energy efficiency, water conservation, clean air practices and waste reduction. The specific set of practices will vary from one hotel to another.
For More Information
Florida Green Lodging Program
Office of Environmental Education and Sustainable Initiatives
Florida Department of Environmental Protection
3900 Commonwealth Blvd., MS-30
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3000